Thursday, October 17, 2013



I've now, hopefully, fixed the issue with the birds nesting inside the soffits on the back side of the house. As  you can see here, I used "Nixalite Bird Control" birds spikes. After EXTENSIVE research I learned that fake owls, snakes, or bouncing balloons with black eyes drawn on them, mirrors and a hundred other goofy ideas, do not work. Nixalite is not cheap. The spikes are stainless steel and incredibly needle point SHARP!!! (I have the bloody hands to prove it).

The below is the first I did. Took a long time and I was covered in bird shit. No way around it. 
Used high-end respirator, gloves, the works. I also removed all the nasty chicken wire that was nailed around the eaves. So, it looks better.




The second eave/soffit. Didn't take as long. But still messy. 










Third of three bird nests; sucked up the sheet metal, more spikes, and done!






This is the part of the roof on the back you can't see. I'm thinking enough of it is exposed to the elements and run off that they birds won't nest here. I hope. 



Sadly, there are birds nests in the front and on the sides of the house, so more bird spikes and bird shit, as well as dealing with high places are, in my future. 
: (


No comments:

Post a Comment